The Theatrical Days of Carthage started on December 8, 2018 with the participation of 36 countries, and celebrated this noble artistic expression and those who fed it with their creativity, mainly the Tunisian comedians and playwrights, with a special tribute to Palestine and Burkina Faso, hosts of this 20th session.
Animated by actresses Chakra Rammah and Najoua Zouheir, the closing ceremony of this prestigious festival was very elegant with various artistic performances where dance and theater merged and also spectacular performances presented by dancers of the Ballet of the Circus.
Before the announcement of the official and parallel awards, the JTC honored Ghanem Ghanem (Palestine) and Etienne Minonguo (Burkina Faso), absent at the opening ceremony.
The JTC also presented trophies of honor as sign of tribute and recognition to the artists who contributed by their commitment to the enrichment of the theatrical scene, namely: Mouna Noureddine, Abdelaziz Maherzi (Tunisia), Sami Abdelhamid (Iraq ), Hassan Menii (Morocco), Abderrahman Abu Zahra (Egypt) In this festive atmosphere the list of prizes quickly unveiled the names of the artists, winners of this session competition, starting with the parallel awards.
- Award of the UGTT (General Union of Tunisian Workers) for the best theatrical technique: "Al kadimoun" by Sami Nasri. The Center for Dramatic Art of Kef (Tunisia).
- Ahmed Maaouia Award for the best production structure: " L’art des deux rives " by Hafedh Khelifa (Kebili – Tunisia)
- Award for the cultural diversity of the international organization of the Francophonie: "Rescap'art" (Senegal)
- Nejiba Hamrouni SNJT Award (National Union of Tunisian Journalists) for Freedom of Expression: " La fuite " by Ghazi Zoghbani (Tunisia).
- Award for the best work for theater clubs in penitentiary institutions: " Secousse " by the theater club of Gafsa prison (Tunisia).
- Award of the association of the critics of theater: Hassen Mouadhen (Tunisia).
- Salah El Kassab Award for Creativity: Zahira Ben Ammar / Raouf Ben Amor Joy and suspense marked the ceremony until the proclamation of the official Awards list of the competition.
1-Award the best work " Point départ " by Wahid Ajmi (Tunisia)
2- Award of the staging "Juif" by Hammadi Louhaibi (Tunisia).
3- Award for the best theatrical text "Etalonnage" by Samer Mohamed Ismail (Syria).
4- Award of the scenography Jawad Assadi "Variations de la vie" (Iraq).
5- Award for the female interpretation Cecile Kankonda "Murs murs " (Rwanda).
6- Award of the male interpretation Youssef Al Mokbel " Etalonnage" (Syria).