The Arab Film Platform is a program initiated by the Commission of Arab Film Institutes (AFIC) which strives to create new businesses for the development of the Arab film industry, based on two fundamental objectives:
• Support the region's film production and encourage Arab co-productions and artistic collaborations while adapting to the rapidly changing cinematographic landscape.
• Provide support and networking opportunities to emerging, established and established filmmakers in the Arab world, focusing on the critical phase of their creative process: the development stage of their feature film projects.
The 7 AFIC countries will ensure the participation of 7 creative teams selected with a feature film project to one of AFP's partner initiatives.
This network will connect 8 existing platforms, residences and Arab laboratories that support the development of films for the first time:
★ Dahshur Residence (Egypt)
★ Rawi (Jordan)
★ Lebanon Cinema Foundation Writing Workshop (Lebanon)
★ Francophone Film Women I Mediterranean (Lebanon)
★ The documentary hive (Morocco)
★ Dox Box (Arab World)
★ Filmlab:Palestine (Palestine)
★ Southern Writing (Tunisia) At this conference, Mrs. Latiri also announced the official attainment of the Egyptian National Center of Cinema to AFIC.
As a reminder of the AFIC Launched in 2018, the Arab Film Institute is a member of the Arab Film Industry.
The AFIC takes into account the common cultural roots of its representatives, as well as their will for a significant and sustainable involvement of the public sector in shaping the future of the industry, while ensuring artistic freedom and respecting the independence of culture.
The members of AFIC are:
the Centre National du Cinéma Algérien
- CNCA (Algeria), the Centre National du Cinéma Egyptien
- CNCE (Egypt), the Royal Film Commission
- RFC (Jordan), the Fondation Liban Cinéma
- FLC (Lebanon), the Centre Cinématographique Marocain
- CCM (Morocco), the Palestine Film Institute
- PFI (Palestine), as well as Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image
- CNCI (Tunisie)